This website belongs to Nesta and contains information relating to investment activities carried out by Nesta and its wholly owned subsidiary Nesta Investment Management LLP (“NIM”) acting variously as manager of investments for Nesta, Nesta Trust and (in the case of NIM) as manager of Nesta Impact Investments 1 Limited Partnership (the “Fund”) (altogether “Nesta Investments”, “we”, “us”or “our”). The full details of these entities are set out below.
1. This website has been created for information purposes only and does not offer professional advice. Nothing on this website should be regarded as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any investment, or as an offer or solicitation to provide investment services, or as a comment on the merits of engaging in any investment transaction or activity, or an inducement to do so. This website is directed at and only capable of being used by ventures seeking investment to fund their business activities. Information provided on this site may not be appropriate to your circumstances. Independent advice should be sought where appropriate.
2. Where Nesta Investments enters into negotiations, which may lead to an investment being made, our main responsibility is to Nesta, Nesta Trust, NIM and/or the Fund (as applicable). Nesta Investments does not provide an advisory service to investee companies or their management teams and any recipient of investment will not receive the protections afforded to clients of NIM under the Financial Conduct Authority regime. It is essential that both the management team and the investee company obtain independent professional advice on the merits of any transaction that Nesta Investment proposes, and its suitability for them. For the avoidance of doubt, Nesta Investments is not engaging in designated investment business, such as corporate finance advisory services, with management of the investee company or any other third party.
3. Nesta Investments reserves the right to review only those applications which appear to fit its investment criteria from time to time and to reject proposals without giving a reason or returning material sent to it. Without limitation, we reserve the right not to review applications, for any reason.
4. Unless specifically agreed otherwise in writing, Nesta Investments does not enter into contracts via email or any transmissions made through this website.
5. Nesta Investments recognises the sensitivity of the information which management and the investee company provide, and takes care in handling confidential matters. However, to make progress with a proposed transaction, we may need to make information available to other prospective participants such as other existing and/or potential investors, banks and other interested parties. Nesta Investments will do this as it judges appropriate to permit proper discussion relating to the proposed transaction, and as may be appropriate in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and regulations.
6. Where you submit any information to Nesta Investments, you consent to us using that information for the purpose for which it was requested. You confirm that such information is accurate, your own original work and/or you have the right to make it available to us for the requested purpose; it is not defamatory; discriminatory; offensive or obscene; and it does not infringe any law or the rights of any third party. You also agree to indemnify Nesta Investments and the Fund and keep both indemnified against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by them as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
7. The information, materials and logos on this site belong to Nesta, our partners or licensors. You can browse, download, view, print, link to and copy the content for your own personal use, but you must obtain our written consent to use it for any other reason, including any commercial use. You must not remove any copyright or trademark notices from the content. The site is intended for United Kingdom users and may not be relevant or appropriate to users outside the UK.
8. You are responsible for any comments, text, video, audio, images, photographs or other content which you post on this site and must obtain any relevant permissions or consents in advance. You give us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully transferable right to use, copy, modify, publish, display and share this content and waive your moral rights in it.
9. You must not use this site:
- to post, share or transmit material which is unlawful or infringes anyone else’s rights
- for any commercial purpose or in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which harasses, distresses or inconveniences anyone or restricts or inhibits their use and enjoyment of this site or which otherwise damages our reputation
- to transmit software viruses or code designed to interrupt, destroy or compromise the integrity of computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment
10. We are not responsible for content posted by users on the site. The views expressed are the views of the users and not Nesta Investments or our partners. You can report any inappropriate content to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Although we don’t monitor all content posted on the site, we reserve the right to do so and to edit, delete or remove content at our absolute discretion and without notice.
11. The information on this site is subject to change from time to time and we can’t guarantee that it will always be accurate and up-to-date. We are not responsible for the content of external sites which you link to from our site.
12. We don’t guarantee that the site will always be available or free from errors or viruses. You are responsible for installing adequate and up-to-date virus-checking software to protect your computer. As far as legally possible, we and our partners exclude all liability for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you using or accessing this site, whether direct or indirect, and however arising, including any loss of data or damage caused by downloading content from this site.
13. These Terms may be varied from time to time so you should check them regularly. If you use the site after any change has been made, you will be deemed to have accepted the change. If any of these Terms are deemed to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, this will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining Terms.
14. These Terms are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales will have jurisdiction over any dispute arising from them.
Nesta is, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with no 7706036 and charity number 1144091. Registered as a charity in Scotland number SC042833.
Nesta Investment Management LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with no. OC338038. Registered address: 58 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DS. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (no. 485167).
Nesta Impact Investments 1 Limited Partnership is a Limited Partnership registered with number LP015187. Registered address: 58 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DS.
Nesta Trust is a charitable trust registered in England and Wales with charity number 1144683. Main office: 58 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DS.
Nesta Impact Investments is a trading name of Nesta Investment Management LLP authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.